Unhappy with the amount of property taxes you pay on your home? Property taxes are the single most expensive cost we are all forced to pay. These costs can be reduced through a property tax assessment appeal. Last year, Siena REALTOR® Kyle Pfaffe hosted Texas Tax Protest for a “How to Appeal Your Property Taxes” Workshop in Siena.
I want to provide you with as many tools and as much information as I can about how to protest your property tax valuation. This year, we have a recording of that event for you to watch and a number of resources for you to review. Last year, we hosted a workshop online and we have a recording for you of that event.
At the workshop, we discussed with Texas Tax Protest information about the property tax appeal system, tips on what to do or not to do if you appeal your taxes on your own, and answered audience questions. We provided participants with the knowledge they need to reduce their property tax assessment and lower their payments for years to come. Topics and questions addressed include:
- How do I protest my property taxes?
- What property tax exemptions might be available to me?
- What is the process to protest my property taxes?
- Can I protest my property taxes on my own?
- Why do my taxes go up?
- How does a Homestead Exemption protect me?
- Why would I consider hiring a professional to protest my taxes for me?
- What else can I do about property taxes in Williamson County?
Resources from the Event
- Presentation deck from Texas Tax Protest
- Link to Texas Tax Protest website and contact information
- Request market comparables for your property tax protest
- Free instant value for your home using our artificial intelligence
By your Siena Real Estate Expert Kyle Pfaffe