Wilson Capital is developing a new townhome project next door to our Siena Round Rock community off CR 110. I have been keeping an eye on this project for our community and want to share with you what I know at this time.
The new development will be known as “Wellspring” and is located off CR 110 just south of the homes off Sardinia on Siena’s southern border. Clark Wilson is the general contractor for this townhome community that will include 125 townhomes and 95 “detached cottage homes” with prices starting in the $400’s. The townhomes will be formatted in 2-unit to 6-unit buildings.
According to the project’s website, Wellspring is a “design-forward community” and will feature “private yards, three distinct finish options, and a wide variety of floor plan options.” The address for Wellspring is 5500 Sofia Place.
The developer has been in communication with the Siena community and has committed to a number of steps to help keep the projects separate. That includes but is not limited to:
- Privacy fence(s)
- Landscape buffer between communities
- Limestone block bluffer
- Private road (already constructed)
The most common question I get from Siena community members is how will this project and projects like this affect my home values, traffic flow and school attendance/zones and I will try to answer my take on each of these briefly.
- Home values – Owners that back up to this project will have the benefit of having no direct neighbor behind their fence but at the cost of added traffic. Each buyer will look at those features differently. For the rest of the community, Round Rock area market conditions will continue to drive your values and this will have a limited impact.
- Traffic flow – Traffic is not getting any less congested in our neighborhood as I am sure you have noticed over the recent months. Williamson County is keeping an eye on the traffic situations. Also, keep in mind that the CR 110 project was planned in phases with eventual space for 5 lanes – 2 each direction with a 3rd lane in the middle.
- Schools and attendance zones – Increased population in any area will cause attendance zones to shrink as school occupancy rates get higher. Hutto ISD is always looking forward to get ahead of any future issues and will address those as they come.
If you have any questions about your home, the community, future developments or anything else I can help you with, contact me and I would be honored to help any way I can. Here is a link to the Wellspring community website for your reference.